8 BEAUTY THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR
Thanksgiving festivities have arrived! It is that time of the year when we start thinking about the things we are grateful for…On this occasion, I have thought to make a sort of fun (fact) list of all the beauty things I am grateful for. I hope you will enjoy getting to know me, my obsessions and my beauty secrets :). Let’s get started!
When I started to grow a makeup conscience, concealer was the first thing I bought. I had bought some makeup in the past, but I had no idea what I was doing. As a teenager I used to apply a (not well matched) foundation and that’s it…I think I did not even know what concealer was and how I was supposed to use it. Later on, when I have started to learn my beauty basics, concealer was my first purchase. Since then, it always make it into my makeup routine no matter how late I am in the morning 🙂 From eye darkness, to pimples and redness, it is my trusted weapon. And my life, especially at 8 in the morning, will not be the same without it!
Oh my skin! If it was not for my birth control pill, I would have hormonal acne. However, my skin is still acne prone and if I apply a product that she does not like…she can overreact :)! As I follow a more natural and organic skin care routine, I love to try different oils to hydrate my skin. After some trials and errors, I have found my winner: argan oil. It is wonderful for combination skin and I highly recommend it to you too if you suffer from the same skin problems…
Yes I am expensive 🙂 So far, I have collected three silk products: my sleep mask, my pillow case and my pyjama. The downside is the maintenance as these pieces need to be washed by hand and at the right temperature, but this is an effort I am willing to take. Here is why:
- The first benefit is actually health related – silk is hypoallergenic and it does not attract dust mites or other bacteria. If you or your partner suffer from allergies, this is a great alternative to the common cotton pillow case.
- Second, skin! Sleeping on silk can help with reducing the signs of aging as you press your face on a much smoother surface. You can say goodbye to the so called sleep wrinkles.
- Third factor is hair. As silk causes less friction, your scalp will not be subject to the same level of stress as it usually is when it comes to cotton, which is much tougher.
Never underestimate the power of a simple face scrub! I don’t think that this easy beauty step is getting the attention that it deserves. However, in this case, the “natural” choice is a must. The beads contained in your face scrub must be biodegradable and non-toxic for the environment.
I never go out without doing my eyebrows first, whether with some powder, a pencil, or a gel, you name it! My eyebrows need to be ready for the world when we go out! I have tried several products over the years and I am grateful for all of them, regardless. This is my outcome:
- Powder is my first choice for the everyday life. It is quick and forgiving when it comes to mistakes. All you need to do is to brush some product away.
- Pomades are great when I have have some extra time to do my makeup – it is my the weekend option.
- Tinted brow gels are the new entry in my vanity and I have been experimenting with them…
Nail file & hand cream
You might not know this fun fact about me but I have a small hand obsession. What’s that? Well…my hands need to be always well-hydrated and my nails need to be perfectly filed otherwise I get CRAZY! Exaggeration? Not really 😛 I am extremely grateful for the invention of the nail file and the hand cream!
In a difficult moment of my life when I suffered from hair loss, I have started to take biotin and it really helped. It took at least a year for me to see the benefits – I guess it is one of those cases where you reap what you sow! And now, I am still taking it a few times a week as a maintenance treatment, so to speak. However, this is a supplement so if you are considering taking it too, I highly recommend you consult with your doctor first.
Hourglass wand mascaras
There are a lot of types of mascara wands on the market (I talk about them on my guide) and after years of experimentation, I am confident to say that I have found one that I really like across several brands… I know it is a lot to admit but I have been purchasing mascaras with this type of wand over and over again in the past few years and I am hooked!
What are the beauty things you are grateful for? Let me know in the comments below!
Leave a comment