YOUR BEAUTY ROUTINE FOR VALENTINE’S DAY – HOW TO PREP
There are two types of people in the world: those who love Valentine’s day and those who don’t. Do you agree, or do you fall in the “in-between” category? I think that a day that celebrates love is beautiful. I don’t really mind if it has become a commercial day. The fact that we celebrate this feeling all over the world is something to be cherished.
For today’s blog, I have thought to put together a quick beauty prep guide to get ready for this special evening. However, this is a beauty routine that you can follow any time of the year, for any special occasion. But not only! You can follow this routine whenever you want to pamper yourself. You don’t need a plus one to take some time for yourself 🙂
I have decided to break this routine down into 4 areas and it should take no longer than one hour (if you know already what you are going to wear :p ). Here below, you will find my personal recommendations – if you have a different style that you want to express, the most important thing is that you stay true to yourself.
Let’s get started with your beauty routine for Valentine’s day!
Date bod ready!
- Jump in the shower first and do a body scrub. I love body scrubs and they make me feel instantly alive. Choose one with a sweet smell to make your skin super yummy.
- I usually wax, but if you don’t have the time to do it, this is the moment to shave!
- Body cream: do not forget this step! Apply a generous amount of body cream and leave it sink into your skin for a couple of minutes.
- Once you are out of the shower apply your deodorant and perfume too. Where should you apply your perfume? On your wrists, behind your ears, behind your knees and elbows. I prefer to apply my perfume directly on my skin rather than on my clothes. In so doing, I will feel more confident that my actual body smells good.
Shiny and soft hair
- For Valentine’s day I personally would not go for an edgy hairstyle. Romantic waves are universally flattering and if your hair is naturally curly, I would leave it natural.
- My tip for shiny hair? After your shower, pour water with organic apple cider vinegar on your hair and do not rinse! It will smell a bit but it will linger for no longer than 15 mins or until your hair is dry.
Smooth and glowing skin
- Step 1 of your beauty routine for Valentine’s day consists of removing your makeup completely! We want to make sure to start fresh. Grab a cotton pad, your makeup remover and remove all your makeup.
- Lip scrub: I am a huge fan of a good lip scrub and if you never do it, this is THE day to try it. You can try a homemade recipe if you don’t own one, or you can use the bristles of your toothbrush, but don’t be too harsh! Swipe it gently onto your lips.
- Skin exfoliation: your scrub sessions are not over yet 🙂 Now, it is the time to exfoliate the skin.
- Don’t worry, we are almost at the finishing line 🙂 Apply a face mask according to your skin needs and use this time to brush your teeth and floss!!
- Moisturizing: finish off with your face moisturisizer and remember to apply your eye cream too.
Quick but effective makeup look ideas
Red lips: on a romantic date, red lips are the grandmas underwear of makeup 🙂 Don’t get me wrong, a red lip is beautiful, however, I fear that it might hold your date back from kissing you. If you want to end your date with some smooch, my recommendation is a nude/rose kissable lip, that you can pair with one of the eye look ideas here below:
1. Smokey eyes for the win. With a fluffy brush apply a warm grey eyeshadow all over the lid and fan the color out. Then, use a lighter brown shade to blend the edges. Finish off with a dark brown or black pencil to define the eyes in the upper rim and lower waterline. Smudge the waterline, with the same fluffy brush.
2. Cat eyes for the flirt. With a flat brush apply a shimmery gold or silver eyeshadow all over the mobile lid. Then define the crease with a brown eyeshadow that complements your skin tone. Complete the look with either a liquid eyeliner or a pencil to draw your wing.
3. Rose eyeshadows for the love. With a fluffy brush, apply a brown shade in the crease. With the same brush, apply now an antique rose eyeshadow, preferably matte, all over the lid and under the eye too. Highlight the inner corner with a shimmery pink shade. Extra step? Apply the same shimmery shade on the center of your lid with a wet flat brush, for a quick spotlight effect!
Don’t forget that if you need help with any of these techniques, the Makeup Guide can help you.
You might have noticed that I have left out the nail part. If you have just one hour’s time, to paint your nails can be tricky. If your nails are not done, simply file them and apply some transparent nail polish for a polished look.
What do you do to prep for a special occasion? Do you follow a beauty routine for Valentine’s day?
Hinterlassen Sie einen Kommentar